A quick apology for being a bit slack on the posting front. The beginning of April has been a bit crazy for me due to some of my wonderful friends birthdays. I haven’t really been in a suitable posting state! But here we go…back on track.
I love a good Danish. FACT.
I’m off on Easter holidays at the moment, so I have some time to experiment with my baking!
So here is my recipe for very yummy Cinnamon Whirls. P came home to a huge pile of these, I woke up the next morning to only a few left…easy to make and even easier to eat!
- 1 block of puff pastry
- 80g butter
- 2 tsps of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 2 tsps of maple syrup
- 50g of brown sugar
- 50g of dried fruits (chopped small if required)
- Roll out puff pastry into a large rectangle
- Mix butter, spices, sugar and syrup together
- Spread mixture on pastry, leaving a small gap around the edge
- Sprinkle fruits on top of sticky mixture
- Roll up the pastry like a swiss roll
- Cut into slices
- Bake on a greaseproof paper lined tray for 20 minutes at 200°C.
- Cool and serve – ensure they are completely cool before storing, else they go a little soggy.