I’ve decided to start a weekly feature on my blog, called Midweek Munchies. A feature to make sure I log my kitchen tinkerings weekly and regularly.
This week its Baceese (say Bake-eez) & Mint Pasta.
It’s a new favourite in our house, but P complained about the washing up due to the cheese, so make sure you rinse out your pan ASAP.
The mint in this recipe really makes it, so I really would advise against omitting it!
It takes about 15 minutes from start to finish, so perfect for an after work dinner.
- Enough pasta to fill your bowls (any shape you fancy – I use fusilli as that is what I had handy)
- a splash of vegetable oil
- Frozen Peas
- Chopped Mint (I plucked mine from my windowsill pot! Check me out!)
- Grated Cheese (I grated a shed load because P loves cheese)
- Boil up your pasta, drain, but reserve half a cup of the cooking water.
- Heat up the oil in a pan, and fry your bacon for 4 minutes.
- Add your peas and a splash of water and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Toss the pasta through the bacon and peas, ensuring it gets mixed in all the bacon fat.
- Add the chopped mint and grated cheese, mixing well, adding the reserved water if it looks too dry.
- Serve and Enjoy!