With P back tomorrow, I thought I ought to show him what he’s been missing.
So I bought red meat (a rare occurrence in this house due to the price) and I opened up a book by a deity – the domestic deity, Nigella Lawson.
I don’t really work with red meat (see the above reason) so I’m having to work from a book for this one. Am quite excited to cook this tomorrow!
Lamb Cutlets with Chillies & Olives
- Lamb cutlets (for 2)
- x2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of chilli flakes (I’ve upped this from a tsp…we LOVE chilli!)
- 1/2 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 8 black olives
- Put the lamb between clingfilm and flatten them with a rolling pin/mallet. This is great fun to do.
- Unwrap & place chops in a single layer in the bottom of a dish.
- Chuck all the other ingredients on top of the lamb and then flip it over, so it’s all coated.
- Leave to marinate for 20 mins (not in the fridge)
- Oil your pan and turn it up high. Add chops, scraping off the marinade (but saving it for later) and cook till they get some colour.
- Turn heat down to medium and add the saved marinade and a few tablespoons of water ( to make sure it get’s saucy!) and cook for 5-10 mins (depending on how well done you like your meat).
- Serve the cutlets and pour the marinade on the top. We’ll be having this with potatoes and greens.