Return of the Midweek Munchies!
Stuffed Peppers with garlic mushrooms (adapted from Nick Nairn).
We had these just over an hour ago, they are super yum and sooo easy to make.
I love stuffed peppers. Despite the fact that I make them, I still feel a little bit excited about cutting into them for the inners! This recipe began as a Nick Nairn, but as always I tweaked.
- 2 large peppers
- 1 spring onion
- Knob of butter
- 10 mushrooms (chopped)
- Couple of radishes (I LOVE RADISHES – I literally put them in everything right now)
- Chives & Coriander
- 1/2 a lime
- Lettuce (shredded)
- Finely grated cheese
- Couscous (just under enough for two)
- Cut the lids off your peppers, and remove all seeds. Also level the bottoms so they will stand up. But do this carefully so you don’t make a hole!
- Put the peppers in the oven at 200ºC for 8-10 minutes to soften.
- Now whack your butter, spring onions, chives, coriander, radishes & mushrooms in to fry in a small saucepan. Squeeze in your lime juice.
- Now make your couscous. This will be mixed in with your mushroomy makings a bit later.
- Line the bottom of your pepper with some shredded lettuce. Use the rest to garnish.
- Mix your mushroomy makings with the couscous, and then stuff…literally STUFF it in the peppers.
- Sprinkle in cheese and serve.
We ate the whole lot. I’m a little sad I didn’t overmake… Now what am I to have in my lunchbox tomorrow?!