I love cake almost as much as I love books. FACT
My Autumn Fairy Cakes (or my AFC’s as I like to call them) are perfect for when the nights are drawing in and you need something a little heartier than a summer treat.
Give them a spin yourself!
Ingredients (easily doubled or in my case TRIPLED!)
- 6 oz Self Raising Flour
- 4 oz Butter
- 4 oz Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon
- A large handful of raisins
- Preheat your oven to 190ºC.
- Cream your butter and sugar together
- Add your eggs and beat furiously
- Mix in your flour and cinnamon, and then add the milk.
- Beat well and then chuck in the raisins.
- Stir and spoon into cake cases.
- Bake for 15/20 minutes till golden brown and risen.
- Devour alongside a mug of hot cider.