Now, this may not look that appealing – that is partly due to my poor photography – but it tastes DIVINE.
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 400g chopped toms
- A good pinch of chilli powder or a chopped chilli
- 400g of Spaghetti, snapped down into little bits
- 250g of mozzarella, sliced
- a handful of basil leaves
- Other grated cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC/Gas Mark 6, and put water on to boil in a pan.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and then fry the garlic for about a minute.
- Chuck in the toms and chilli, bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whack your broken up spaghetti into the now boiling water and let cook according to the packet instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti and mix with the tomato sauce and the basil.
- Add half of the tomato spaghetti to an ovenproof dish, layer half of the sliced mozzarella on top, and then repeat the layers, finishing with some optional grated cheese.
- Bake for 15/20 minutes. Scatter with extra basil leaves and serve.